Sunday, May 9, 2010

A crafting project for crafting

Today I tackled a sewing project I've been thinking about for a while. I wanted to make myself a cloth to put on my lap while spinning. That's an essential item if you want to protect your pants from accumulating a layer of fluff that's escaped the spinning wheel. Until now the unattractive solution has been a tea towel.

I started with a bag of pretty fabric remnants - like a grab bag for crafters - I got at the fabric shop in Burlington, Vt. I arranged the fabric to create two patchwork pieces for the top and bottom. Then I started sewing. Because I'm the slowest sewer on the planet, this little project took me quite some time, but I persevered and learned a lot along the way. Pink ric rac on the ends added a nice finishing touch.


I'm pretty happy with it. Certainly it's a lot nicer than an ugly tea towel. But I could have done a lot to make it look better. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment