Thursday, July 7, 2016

Polaroid pillow

I let out a little squeal when I tucked the pillow inside this cover. I love everything about! Which is especially funny because just the day before I was doubting almost everything about it. I seriously thought I messed the whole thing up. Quilting is a rollercoaster, I tells ya.


I really wasn't sure about that wild border, but it's barely visible when the pillow is inside and adds just a nice little bit of colour to frame the Polaroids. And I think the quilting in a light grey Aurifil works perfectly. My mom requested I do the same on the mini she put together with her Polaroid blocks. Next time I will add a strip of background on the bottom and right side after sewing all the blocks together, to separate the shadow from the border. Live and learn.

You can make your own shaded Polaroid pillow by following my tutorial here.

This one's for you, Connie!


17 comments:

  1. Putting the pillow in is my favourite part ... there's something about the project going from 2D to 3D that I really enjoy ... it's like the project comes alive :) Love the heavy quilting you did on this too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting in the pillow really is a magical step!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!! I love everything you make but I love this even more since it's for me...um... I mean us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much - well done. Question though: in your tutorial you said that you used the tutorial from Occasional Piece and Press which yields a 3"x3.5" polaroid. Yours look a bit smaller than that...maybe 2.5"x3"? Am I right? And can I ask why you trimmed yours down? Again, love the look of the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole. I trimmed mine to the size recommended in the tutorial. You do lose a half-inch on each side when you sew on the background. That definitely makes them look smaller. I was a bit surprised by the finished size too!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, this is amazing! I love everything about this cushion! Well done and thank you so much for sharing the tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you give it a try. They're very fun to make.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this, that little pug is soooo cute!!! love him.

    Why do you think you need a wider border???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that beach pug, too!

      My concern about the border wass that it was too busy, but it turned out OK because just a sliver is visible with the pillow inside.

      Delete
  8. There are several different styles available, made from many different materials including latex, memory foam, wool, and cotton. which pillow is best in india

    ReplyDelete