Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pretty pretty pillows

Can there be anything more lovely than quilted pillows? I made this pair for a dear friend's birthday, although I admit it will be tough to let them go. I love everything about them - the fabric (Arcadia by Sarah Watson), the patterns, the soft grey. Perfection, if I do say so myself!


And even the backs are pretty!


This was my first time adding binding to a quilted pillow and I really love the look. The binding really finishes the pillows nicely and the extra time is definitely worth it. Plus it saves you some brain strain making the pillows because you sew them together right-side out before adding the binding.

Now to prepare myself to give these away in a week. Luckily I have another one started for myself. Finally one I can keep!


No comments:

Post a Comment