Monday, June 23, 2008

In the bag

This is one of those notorious projects you get 99 per cent done, then tuck it away to be forgotten for months. The knitting was finished (and I have turquoise wooden needles to prove it) and all that remained was closing the bottom and the felting.

I finally pulled it out of the closet a couple weeks ago and took it to my on-call Crafting Expert (aka Mom) to help me stitch up the bottom.

Then I tossed it into the washing machine to felt. It came out beautifully. But I wasn't done yet. Part of the handle is pink, not because that's what I wanted but because I ran out of the turquoise wool. So I figured I'd tie the pink in with needle felting in the same colour. I think it turned out quite well.


Here's a close-up of the design wrapping around the side and onto the back.

The trick was deciding when to stop with the embellishment before it reached a Liberace level. I'd stick on a squiggle, then hold it back for the full picture before adding another. I think I stopped at the right point.

No comments:

Post a Comment