Saturday, April 24, 2010

The good life in Vermont

Right now I'm in Burlington, Vermont, and among all the day's shopping I dropped into an awesome fabric and yarn shop downtown - Nido.

Definitely it's worth a visit if you're in the area. Fabric was my focus, and I got some yards of really lovely stuff I can't wait to sew. My plan for three yards of co-ordinating fabric is to make a few bags for travelling to hold shoes, undergarments and assorted items that usually end up stowed in plastic bags. Handsewn fabric bags are far more civilized.

Check it out online at: http://www.nidovt.com.

As a bit of a stationery snob, I'm delightled by her letterpress business cards. What a nice touch.

There was also a stop at this cool vintage lamp shop: http://thelampshopvt.com.

The best part of shopping in the city is the long pedestrian shopping street, complete with a Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop. Vermont is their home, so we were obliged to have a scoop. Vacationing can be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment