Monday, July 29, 2013

Faux barbecue

This recipe for slow-and-low dry rub oven chicken is a must try for a person who loves barbecue but doesn't have a barbecue. And it's another smitten kitchen keeper. I've never done a brine before and it's totally worth the extra step (and sloshed gooey chicken brine on my fridge shelf).

The dry rub was an amazingly aromatic and tasty blend of smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin, nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper. And so pretty ...


The picture of the chicken is not so pretty, but damn it is tasty. I'm not usually so keen on a big piece of chicken, but I hoovered a whole breast and resisted the terrible urge to have more after the long wait for it to finally be done its long sojourn in the oven.


I made this dish for a crafternoon with wonderful friends. The potluck theme was picnic, so we ate the chicken cold and it was still super yummy.

1 comment: