Monday, August 5, 2013
Long have I neglected the window in my guest bedroom, despite repeated apologies every time I have a guest over for the lack of curtains. For some reason the other day I remembered a fair sized piece of Alexander Henry fabric I picked up at a craft show, longer than my usual metre-cut because I got the end of the bolt for a discount. Of course I was just a bit shy, so I had no choice but to make a visit to Greenwood to pick up a co-ordinating Kaffe Fassett shot cotton.
I picked up a lovely pink/orange in the shot cotton. Both fabrics are lighter weight, so they went together perfectly for curtains with a nice drape, offering privacy but still letting in lots of light. I used this Design Sponge tutorial again, with a modification to add the bottom cuff in a different colour. I made ties with the remaining strips of flower fabric.
Probably most people wouldn't pair such bright, crazy fabrics with the muted green wall, but I think it adds a bit of excitement to the calm palette. Here's my kitty Aurora telling me she approves of the selection. She's already made her contribution to the project by adding a good sprinkling of fur.