Sunday, September 22, 2013

Check out the back!

I made this table runner for a dear friend's birthday. The inspiration was this woven ribbons block pattern and a bundle of muted blue/grey FQs.


The three white areas produced when the blocks were put together just begged for embellishment, so I enlisted my mom and her embroidery machine to sew a design in there. I picked one that fit with the floral and circle theme of the fabrics. The quilting is simple straight lines following the woven ribbons pattern, which meant a lot of stopping and starting.


I think my favourite part, oddly, is the back with its mini table runner floating on the deep blue fabric.


No scrap was spared. But with the fun detail on the back, I think that side is worthy of showing off, too.


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful - the colours, the blocks, the embroidery - simply amazing

    ReplyDelete