Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bits and bobs

This post is gonna be a random assortment of things I've been working on. First up is the second block in the Modern HST Sampler QAL. This one is called Ninja. So far, they're super fast and easy.


And my new Canadian quilting bee group is up and running. Here is my practice block for February, called Alpine. It's a nifty pattern. It was hurting my brain trying to figure out how to get the background fabric all going in the same direction, so I embraced the chaos and have it going in every direction.


Since joining the bee last year, I've been making practice blocks along the way with my bundle of Meadow by Leah Duncan. Just for fun, I pulled them all out on the weekend to see them together.


After sewing what seemed like forever (paper piecing is really not my favourite), I finally got my rainbow swap mini together (a block from Arcadia Avenue). Whooboy! That centre was tricky with a dozen points coming together. It took grit and determination to keep trying until I got it right. Well, rightish. As right as it's gonna get. All the paper is out now, and I'm stewing on how to quilt it.


And this was a fun experiment. When I bought these fabrics, some Blueberry Park and some Quilter's Linen, it reminded me of clouds and water. Then I got this idea in my head of making an abstract scene of stormy skies and rough waves. In my typical leap before I look style, I jumped in. It's not quite what I envisioned, but I still like it. Someone on IG suggested taking off one strip of the grey, and I think I will do and add a blue strip since I plan to turn it into a pouch and part of the bottom will be hidden when I box the corners.


My vision was quilting wavy lines, and the plan is to get that started tonight because it's my break night from #sweatandsew. Always a welcome day in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment