Thursday, May 29, 2014

Club member

This month I signed up for my first quilting club - the Fresh Mini Quilt Club hosted by Canoe Ridge Creations. The first pattern popped into my inbox on Wednesday, and I got to work almost as soon as I got home. (Inadvertently setting a dangerous precedent for someone who's a tad too driven by goals, even arbitrarily set ones.)

A few hours later - spurred on by a pacing dog who was beginning to suspect her evening walk had been forgotten and two pushy Siamese cats who wanted their dinner - my mini top was done! I pulled everything from my stash, with Jay McCarroll fabric as the focus. Called Round-n-Round, this modern take on the traditional log cabin creates a circle in the middle of the mini.


As soon as I was finished piecing the block, it joined the #freshminiquiltclub fun on Instagram (follow me! @johannaweidner). This weekend I plan to quilt and bind it. Then I will wait impatiently for the next installment!

CanoeRidgeCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment