Sunday, August 24, 2014

Milestone to celebrate

I've made a bunch of mini quilts before, but this is my first miniature quilt. So many teeny pieces - 140 1.25" squares! I marvelled at all those seams on the back, and couldn't help but snap a photo.


I love how it turned out. Thimbleblossoms really has lovely patterns. I'm now braving a mini swoon - 8" blocks, which is practically chunky next to the Rise and Shine mini blocks at 4.5".


The quilt was a gift for a dear friend who celebrated her 40th birthday this weekend. Her husband organized a surprise dinner party and what a lovely evening! From the start I envisioned the cheery quilt as being the perfect spot for a bouquet of flowers, and I paired it with a crystal vase filled with bright blooms.


Happy Birthday Miss C!


No comments:

Post a Comment