Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pretty in pink

I am over-the-moon in love with this mini! After I finished the piecing, I honest stood there for a while admiring my work and smiling. Silly, I know.


But this is the first time I started with a pattern and then really made it my own. And I love every bit of it! There isn't a thing I would change and I don't know about other crafty people, but that's rare for me. Usually there's at least one teeny thing that I would do differently if I did it again. But not this beauty!


I sketched out what I wanted to do, and then made a new cutting list for my design. If you can believe it, these two minis below are actually made from the same pattern. What a difference fabric choice and placement makes!


My new-found quilting boldness came from the quilt-along I recently joined and, amazingly, won a prize in! Now I joke I have a prize-winning quilt! (It doesn't really count if you pester friends and family to vote for you.) I was just blown away by all the amazing variations on the pattern and wished I thought a bit more creatively for my version. I altered the pattern a bit for the quilt-along, but this time around I created something truly new and unique. And I couldn't be happier with it! Just looking at it makes me smile.



2 comments:

  1. 1. CONGRATULATIONS!
    2. I love seeing your sketches
    3. So beautiful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Your mom is very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete