Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another month, another mini

Here's the August instalment for the Fresh Mini Quilt Club, called North Star. I love this one! I'm partial to stars and this fabric collection - Arcadia by Sarah Watson - has such pretty designs in soothing colours.


It came together quickly, and I learned a new technique - quarter square triangles. The pattern suggested starting with a light fabric in the centre and getting darker to the points of the stars, but I went the other way to fussy cut this flower and bee. Cute! I also used the white near the centre, rather than the suggested background fabric because I didn't want to muddy the crisp star fabrics.


My mom aptly said it reminds her of a lacy doily. I think this one will become a pillow to make it a bit more practical, especially since I seem to be churning out these minis.

CanoeRidgeCreations


1 comment:

  1. I love this fabric -- was considering it long and hard at Greenwood...

    ReplyDelete