Saturday, December 13, 2014

Now what?

The fifth and final border went on my mini medallion this week. I love it! This last border sure was a lot of work with all the triangles and trimming. But it sure looks great! I mostly used Arcadia fabric by Sarah Watson, but threw in a few solids and the polka dot print, then varied the background fabrics.


This medallion was a fun quilt-along held by Clover and Violet. I really liked seeing all the others people made on Instagram and how different they all were. You can see on the back just how much piecing goes into a medallion when you see all the seams!


Now the question is just what to do with this mini, which isn't so mini at 36" square. Add a border for a lap quilt? A wall hanging? I guess it's good I have plenty of other quilting projects I need to tackle, so I have time to consider this. And deciding how to quilt it will be a whole other dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment