Thursday, August 20, 2015

Victory over zippers!

I cannot get over how much easier zippers are with my new sewing machine. No more fits and broken needles on those bulky seams! It's such a pleasure to not shudder each time my machine groans for fear of needle bits flying at my face. Plus I figured out it goes so much easier when I put the quilted panel on the top and the lining on the bottom when sewing the zipper sandwich. Better late than never, I guess.

I made this simple zippered pouch for my partner in the text mini swap, topped off with another cute sewing-themed button. I already have a few things to go in there and just need to pick up some candy.


Amazingly I'm not racing against the deadline with this swap. I just need to get the binding and label on the mini and it's ready to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment