Friday, April 22, 2016

Catching up

Here's partly what I crossed off my WIP list at my quilting retreat. At the top of that list was finishing the binding on my maple leaf mini and my Tula banner.


Plus Canada's 150th birthday isn't until 2017, so I'm way ahead on this one!


I also started on this quilt as you go pillow with my lovely new bundle of Alison Glass prints at the retreat. It took way longer than I expected, so it was finished at home.


And then look at this!!! How freaking awesome is this mini?! It was made for me by my good friend Darci and four lovely ladies I met on Instagram - Amy, Katy, Ramona and Sue. I am a lucky person to count them as friends. They conspired together to make this for me, and it sounds like it was quite the endeavour since they're all across Canada and the United States. Let's call it Sisterhood of the Travelling Quilt.


And they sent it along with a bunch of goodies. As if this mini wasn't enough! What an amazing surprise to open that package. I've got it hanging in front of my sewing machine, cheering me on.



No comments:

Post a Comment