Sunday, June 23, 2013

Feeling accomplished

This weekend I finished my Moroccan tile quilt top and it turned out pretty well. Now I just have to keep up the momentum to get it all done. I think/hope there should be enough bits leftover to piece together a backing.


I was lured to Lens Mill yesterday by the siren song of a sale on cotton batting. I came out with that, along with four metres of flannel. They have so much great flannel! I was so excited by what I picked up - sock monkeys and bananas! - that I started that evening cutting it up for a rag quilt. I'm always amazed and in admiration when my mom jumps into a project right away, so I was happy with myself for doing the same.

And this weekend I joined my first chip-timed cycling event. I didn't do too badly on my clunky hybrid next to all the super sleek road bikes - about middle of the pack for the 40K. I did set a personal best for average time, so I'm pretty happy with that. The fun part about these events is people stand along the side of the road and cheer you on. That should happen more in life - people shouting out encouragement as you go through your day. Yay! You refilled the printer! Yay! You made a great dinner!

There's nothing like finishing 40K by 10:30 a.m. to give you a sense of accomplishment for the day. Now back to the sewing room and those darn cute monkeys!

1 comment: