Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's here! It's here!

It's probably not too often that someone opens up the mailbox and yells out, "My fabric!" Thankfully there was nobody around when I found this package in my mail yesterday. It's compact, but hefty with probably about 10 metres of fabric jammed in there.


And what wonderful fabric was tucked inside! I picked it out (after much uncharacteristic uncertainty) for the project I'll be making at my first quilting retreat with my mom in April. The quilt pattern is quite traditional, so I'm hoping this fabric will give it a more modern feel.


The main fabrics are all from Momo's Chirp Chirp. The large floral will be the focal fabric. I love the muted greens with a spattering of red. It has a real retro feel. Instead of just a flat white for the background, I picked out a crosshatch white for added texture from the new Architextures line. And then flame orange and green Kona cotton solids for the binding and backing, respectively. I think they all look great together and I love that it's a departure from the bright colours I usually go for.


I got it all from the Canadian online store Fabric Spot. I'd definitely recommend them. They quickly answered an email I sent asking for suggestions on the cotton solids and the package arrived in days. Such fast fabric satisfaction!

1 comment:

  1. Your fabric design is better. To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete