Saturday, April 12, 2014

Blocks of stripes

Here's the stripes chapter of Tula Pink's City Sampler. I skipped ahead because I figured the triangles chapter required more concentration and I wasn't sure I'd have that in the middle of a busy quilting retreat. I'll pick that chapter up next.





My least favourite block. Much too busy. Hmm. Should I scrap it and have another try?


Oops! I just noticed I put this one together wrong. I guess I'll have to fix that.







I'm not sure about this block. Tula's in the shades of green looks nice. Is the dramatic difference from the top and bottom of mine too drastic? Or neat? I guess I was trying to bring out the azure centre of the flower.



When you sew together a bunch of one-inch strips, they become wee accordions that need some pretty dedicated ironing.


I love this block. It has a real spring feel.


What to do with that pesky Block #60?

No comments:

Post a Comment