Tuesday, April 22, 2014

HST factory

This long Easter weekend I sewed up a storm. Except when I was out for long bike rides! I'm so happy to be cycling outdoors again - the countryside definitely offers much better views than my basement.

I finally finished the quilt top from my quilting retreat earlier this month. Hmm. I guess the "finally" isn't called for since the project really hasn't been languishing that long.

Then I got started on the back. And again wondered what I was thinking when my simple plan turned out to be quite time consuming. I wanted something that went with the square-in-square blocks on the front, when I saw this napkin pattern I recently got that had a broken dishes block. So I got to cutting half-square triangles. All 156 of them, it turned out.

I got a few blocks together, but many more to go as you can see from the HST stacks. The binding will be orange, which picks up flowers in the focal fabric. I think the most tedious part of HST is squaring them up, as evidenced by the giant pile of teeny strips in the bottom right.

No comments:

Post a Comment