Monday, November 9, 2015

All things Alison

This round of the Schnitzel & Boo swap was a breeze for me. My partner said her favourite designer is Alison Glass - plenty of that in my stash! - and she'd love a Mariner's Compass. Coming up with a swap plan is often the tough part, so I was happy to know exactly what to make. I found a lovely free pattern for the block and I was still in a paper-piecing groove after my New York Beauty. (Unfortunately I've got some bad feelings with that swap after my partner couldn't be bothered to post a thank you, but I'm trying to put that behind me.)


I started with the colourful AG Ex Libris print in the centre, then started pulling co-ordinating fabrics in blue, purple, pink and orange in AG prints and solids. Along with bold colours, my partner said she also likes dark greys and black, so I incorporated lots of that too. I love how this turned out, and it was tough sending it off.

She said she likes anything hedgehog, so I made a zippered pouch and tucked the mini in there along with some Smarties. Alison Glass fabric for this, too.


And when I mailed that yesterday, all my swaps were done. It feels odd and wonderful at the same time. Thankfully another round of my favourite swap - the Rainbow Mini Swap - hosted by one of my favourite IG friends is opening soon!

Ps. This post joined the weekly link party over at Blossom Heart Quilts. Be sure to check out Alyce's great blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment