Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Stash shortfall

The past two months in my quilting bee have been a bit of a challenge for me fabric wise. And I find it simply baffling when I don't have something suitable in my stash. There's so much in there!

October's queen bee wanted her Checker Block in black and white fabrics, colourful designs on a predominantly white background, and black sashing. I knew right away I had zip in B&W and straight black, but I was surprised to find I didn't have much in the way of the other. Guess I really do like colour.

So then I was on the hunt. I found the black and white no problem, but the other proved tricky. And oh I looked in so many shops. After a fruitless search, I found this bird and building print in my stash. The queen bee said it was fine, so I went with it. I sent her two blocks since it was almost as easy to make two as one once you had the HST. I wish I paid more attention when cutting the owl fabric because they kinda disappear. I love the print for the basket - little sprouts!


All along I have been making practice blocks from a bundle of Meadow. Now I have nine blocks, including these recent additions. (Sorry for the poor lighting. It's getting so tough to get photos with the rapidly shortening days and then the daylight saving switch.)



Now I am on the hunt for fabric for the November queen, who wants a red and green Christmasy block. That green is proving elusive. And to compound the problem I need to make four blocks because she accidentally made for for my month.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm excited to see them all together at the end of the year. Or maybe I'll keep making them for the next round of the bee!

      Delete