Monday, November 9, 2015

Hazel helps out

I whipped up this zippered pouch this weekend to be auctioned in a friend's Instagram fundraiser to help a lovely woman gain some financial independence while she's going through a rough patch. I cut into my precious Lovely Hunt and Abacus prints I just got in the mail, and added in bits of Tula, C+S and AMH. I love how it turned out! Those rich colours are offset so nicely by the text print. This Hazel's purple eyes and her silver nose have a bit of sparkle, too.


I quilted the front in a crosshatch and then the back is a combination of dense straight lines and waves in the blue. The top bid was $70! Can you believe it?! Why am I not selling these puppies?! Oh wait. I hate making pouches. They're so much easier on my new sewing machine, but I still do not like tangling with zippers. Not sure why, but it's something I dread. Yet still I keep making them! Go figure.


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous!!! Thanks for making this for Sara's fundraiser!

    ~Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. A tutorial on the pouch? This is the one I usually use: http://www.twelve22.org/blog/2006/07/23/zipper_tutorial/

      I make the panels 12.5" by 10.5" and 2.5" for the boxed corners.

      Delete