Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bonus block

Here are my November bee blocks. I'm not a big fan of the Wanta Fanta block, but I gritted my teeth and got it done. Only to discover the December queen bee wants that block too. Sigh.



I almost forgot at the last guild meeting I signed up to make a block for Victoria's Quilts Canada - a charity that provides quilts to comfort people with cancer. The floral fabric was what I got for my $2 donation and I picked the other two co-ordinating fabrics from my stash while stretching the floral print as far as I could. This seemed the perfect time for this block that I've wanted to try for a while. It came together quickly - exactly what I needed since I had to squeeze in into other deadline sewing.




4 comments:

  1. Johanna, I really liked the block you made for Victoria's Quilts Canada. Is there an online tutorial available for it? Thanks, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no tutorial but it's easy, Mary. Start with a 4.5" block for the centre, add 1.5" strips around that and then you need 10 3.5" HST and two 3.5" squares. The block measures 12.5".

      Delete
  2. I love the way the Wanta Fanta block looks! I can see why 2 people wanted to use it! And I really like the other block too. I love all of the points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wanta Fanta block is a bit tricky to get things to line up as nice as I'd like. But the effect is cool.

      Delete