Monday, June 9, 2014

Cuddle time

This sock monkey rag quilt was made for a friend who is expecting her second child this fall. I surprised her with one for her daughter about a year ago and she just went bananas for the monkeys. Apparently it is quite the struggle when the blanket needs to go in the washing machine.


Of course I was happy to make another. She ordered the fabric, which meant I got the enjoyment of getting a big package of fabric without the buyer's remorse. Nice! I soon got to work cutting all that flannel and the batting, then put off the not so fun part of snipping the seams for a while. This weekend it had a date with the scissors and then the washer and dryer. I wonder when I will be seeing the last of the flannel bits clinging to my laundry. As a bonus I made a wee travel-size blanket with the leftover squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment