Monday, June 9, 2014

Stuck on the mini

Boy I sure love making mini quilts. They're done quickly and it's a chance to play with different fabric combinations. Here are two mini tops I finished this week. This is the second month's pattern in the mini quilt club I joined. Called Boxed In, the designer said was inspired by geometric Navajo artwork. I pulled some lovely fabric from my stash that first appeared in a lap quilt, my first lap quilt actually. How far I have come!


Next up is another Swoon block. I picked up the cute bird and feather FQs recently and had just enough of the grey solid for the background. (I did carefully press this block with lots o' steam, honest! I don't know what happened to give it so many crinkles.)


I love how it turned out! This one is destined for a present, so I hope the recipient does too. I think I'll do simple diagonal line quilting, maybe after adding a thin border in blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment