This weekend I finished my first mini quilt in the monthly club I joined. I got the pattern on Tuesday and whipped the block up that night and then this weekend I did the quilting and binding. Done in under a week!
I did simple straight-line quilting, starting with a cross in the middle and moving out from there. I think it works well with the simple log cabin blocks and I like how the points on the background fabric gives it a dimensional look.
Nothing fancy on the back, just yardage left over from a Wiksten Tova top I made, also Jay McCarroll to go with the front focal fabrics.
This morning the next instalment in the mini quilt club popped into my inbox. Pressure! I don't think I'll get this one done quite as fast. But it is fun to have a small project with a short deadline.