Saturday, July 26, 2014

Meet my mini mini

Here's my latest finish in the Fresh Mini Quilt Club, called X Mark. I started with some very bright floral fabric I picked up not long ago on sale and paired it with a more muted solid. I love this pattern, although it is deceptively simple looking. I quilted it with straight lines, some intersecting and some in a v-shape. Out of necessity I switched from green to fuchsia thread when the green ran out. Dense straight-line quilting sure uses a lot of thread. But I think it looks nice with the pink, which is surprisingly subtle.


Then I got a little crazy and made a mini of my mini! I had a bunch of HSTs leftover from trimming the flying geese and it was too tempting to make smaller Xs. So here's my version of the original, only smaller. I quilted this one with circles, which was a bit dizzying with the psychedelic flowers.


And here they are together, a mini and its mini. I'm really happy with how they turned out.


CanoeRidgeCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment