Thursday, May 7, 2015

Circling around to curves

Ever since my first foray into curved piecing for my Tula butterfly quilt, I have been itching to do more. Odd, since it was at first a very frustrating experience. That is until a saviour on IG pointed me to an online tutorial that made it unbelievably easy. Seriously easy with no pins and super fast. And on the first try, too.

I was given a bundle of lovely FQs from new Canadian online shop Fabric Please! for a giveaway - stay tuned! - and originally planned to do the classic Dutchman's Puzzle block, but suddenly just had an itch to sew more curves. After about a day of furious cutting and sewing, this mini was made.


Funny, though, how this "random" layout took a lot of rearranging. I've seen lots of great modern takes on the Drunkard's Path and was eager to give it a try. The beauty of doing it this way is sometimes you're off the hook on matching curves, which helps speed up the piecing. The plan is to make this into a pillow, but first I need to figure out how I'm going to quilt it. Definitely in dark blue thread. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment