Monday, June 20, 2016

Blocks and bits

June's queen bee picked a colour scheme I quite adore - muted pink, coral, teal and blue. My only problem was narrowing down my choices. As usual this year, I made two blocks.



I also made two heart blocks with these Tula prints for the campaign hosted by the Orlando modern quilt guild to give heart quilts to those affected by the tragic shooting at the Pulse night club. I sent these blocks to a woman in the U.S. who offered to collect blocks and sew them into quilt tops.


I don't think I posted these two mini minis I made for the fun contest hosted by Make Modern magazine. Both are made with Alison Glass fabric and finish at 6". This was my first go at single binding and it went surprisingly well.


They now hang in front of my sewing machine with a few other favourite minis.


No comments:

Post a Comment