Thursday, January 14, 2016

Can't resist another

I've done a couple quilt-alongs and they're so much fun. I love getting to know people by working on the same project together, and so I couldn't resist a new one being hosted by the lovely and talented Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts. She's the mastermind behind the Bee Hive Quilts, too.

This January she launched the Modern HST Sampler QAL, which will include 24 blocks that focus on HST. I've always enjoyed making and using HST, so this was a no-brainer for me to join. Find all the details about the QAL here. The blocks start out easy, then get more difficult as the year progresses. Here is the first block - Candy - with some fussycutting for the middle square.


I decided to use my precious Handcrafted Indigo bundle for this project, paired with a light quilter's linen. That is if I can get my hands on more. I jumped into this project Tuesday night after seeing all the great blocks appear on IG and picked this background fabric that added a nice depth compared to a flat solid. I only had a FQ, but knew I got it from my LQS and could pop in for yardage. Wouldn't you know they were all out? Gah! They're gonna put in an order for it, so hopefully I can stretch out this FQ for a few blocks. Then of course I couldn't leave there empty-handed, especially after seeing they had Blueberry Park. Except in the orange colour-way, which was what I had been thinking would be great as an accent to the blues. So a surprisingly frustrating and fruitless trip to a fabric shop. When does that ever happen?!

I've got a special plan for these blocks, so I'm excited to see them multiply. I can't wait for the next one!

Modern HST Sampler QAL


No comments:

Post a Comment