Friday, January 15, 2016

In the details

Instagram has been a great place to meet some really wonderful people. One person in particular has always been so kind and said the nicest things about my posts, and I decided I wanted to make something for her. Since she's a knitter, I thought a zippered pouch would be something both nice and practical for her. So of course I made another Hazel pouch!


She mentioned she liked pink and grey, and in no time I pulled a few great prints. There's no shortage of pink and grey in my stash. It was a chance to use some new prints, including the pink and grey text and neat grey print with cursive and chemistry scribbles, and one of my favourite text prints in dark grey. The icing on the cake was the precious silver C+S print to give Hazel a twinkle in her eye and a wet nose. (Hmm. That's healthy for a dog, but maybe not for a hedgehog.)

This mosaic shows some of the details:


I tucked one of my awesome labels in the seam, along with a bit of the hot pink zipper I cut off to make a handy loop to grab on to. There's a fancy metal zipper pull, and a pretty pink and grey Lotta print for the lining. Seeing this pouch makes me smile, and I hope it brings happiness to its new owner too.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I like the fabric and the quilting looks so good in pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially love the pink quilting on the grey.

      Delete
  2. This is just adorable! Thanks for sharing at Sew Cute Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Cute pattern, and I love the fabric too! I'd love to make one, have you made a tutorial for the Hazel pouch?

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, Barbara. But I'll keep that in mind the next time I make one. Of course I can't take credit for the Hazel part of the pouch.

      Delete